f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Well, school has started. Had my Photo I class yesterday. It looks like three people dropped and three people added but all five boys stayed, which is good because I don't think many guys are taking Photography anymore for some strange reason. Actually, I have a couple of ideas but I won't share them here.

This afternoon Dave H. and Bruce A. are coming over to help me unload the "heavy stuff" from my ABF trailer. I filled 18 feet with all my possessions from two storage sheds in Oregon. Hopefully, we can get the futon, mattress & box spring, the book shelves and my printing press unloaded before I have to head to the school to teach my classes.

I have Contemporary Photo History tonight followed by my "Holga class". I'm signing in all comers into either one. The "Holga class" (aka Independent Projects) already has 23 students! I'm hoping it will serve as a compliment to the Photo II class (which is the all-important lethal dose of sensitometry). Many of the students are enrolled in both and I am hoping this class will serve as a "seeing" class to allow the Photo II kids a chance to shoot some more aesthetic images other than of a white towel.

2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Slade said...

I don't know what will be expected for them to produce as far as 'images' are concerned...but they have fair warning from me that I will hold them to a high level. I don't want that class to be just about sensitomitry.

Your class will be a good break for them though. I was going to say something like 'mindless photography is sometimes the best photography', but I don't want to intimate that your class will be mindless.

I am going to sit in on your photo history class I think from time to time.

Tell me when you're ready for the light.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

I NEVER realized how much crap I possess!!! It's going to take 4-evs to get things straightened up enough to squeeze the NuArc into the studio space. We got the trailer unloaded tonight. I couldn't take my eyes off of the press. I can't wait to start making gravures again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home