f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, December 23, 2007


Tomorrow is the Hansen Family Christmas Party. As an orphan, I'm invited to attend again this year. My potluck assignment is salmon. I made an image and put it in a cheap frame for my $5 gift exchange item. I have kid's gifts & BINGO prizes too. Last year was fun but I felt a little odd singing Christmas songs dancing around the tree.

I'm listening to "C" songs on iTunes. Right now it's Carly Simon, "Clouds in My Coffee." Great tune.

I've got my hotel reservation made for Christmas night. The next day I fly out to Portland to unload my storage shed. I've got three days to load all the crap into a trailer. It's going to be great to have all my photo supplies again... and my photo books! I miss being able to browse through some of my favorite photographers, like Francesca Woodman, Ray Metzger and (of course) William Henry Fox Talbot. Some of the books will come in handy when I teach Contemporary Photo History next term. And having my press again will be nice. Who knows? Maybe I'll start making photogravures again.

My home has a great space to set up a studio. Hopefully this summer I'll be able to visit Jack, in Ohio, and get my NuArc too. It'll be a quick trip out before heading up to Sitka for the summer.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Slade said...

If you let me use your press, I'll bring up my NuArc.

Merry Christmas!

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

sounds like a fair trade.

was santa nice to you?

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Slade said...

Typical Christmas...my wife and I had a fight.

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

that's why i don't go home for christmas... me and my sister ALWAYS get into it. after i get my stuff packed in portland, i'll stealth on up to seattle and visit my mom & dad.pi

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Slade said...

Yeah, but you didn't marry your sister now did you?

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Slade said...

Oh wait, that sounds weird. I didn't marry my sister either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home