f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hello. It never ceases to amaze me how well students can participate in a critique if they are allowed to do just that... participate. The students in my digital class has a good one (in my humble opinion) yesterday. There were many insightful comments on the Photography, on digital photography (in general), on Photoshop (specifically), and (most importantly) on the attributes that each of the photographers in the class bring to the medium. I found the whole affair quite refreshing.

Today... in three hours... I have my first ever school game in the sport of basketball. Last season I was prodded into doing some kiddie ball and this year I am stepping up a notch. Not only is it a good excuse to get my fat ass up and do something, it is a fun (for the most part) activity. I've been going over the official's manual to make sure I understand the major mechanics and know the signals. It's an odd place to be given that I worked upper-level softball for 25 years and I just finished my 24th year of refereeing high school football. But today I'm a rookie again.

After the game, I'm heading over to Hubba's house to watch the Cowboy vs Packers football game. Luckily, he has Direct TV... and the NFL Channel. Of course I have to bring food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home