f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Good Morning. Last night the Photo Guild had a opening at the Cafe Ibis. It was well attended and one of the students sold both of her pieces!

I have kiddie basketball in a couple of hours followed by some flag football. The flag games are a benefit to help out a policeman who broke his leg while hunting. After the games, we'll come back to my house and watch the Aggies get toasted by Boise State and eat some lunch.

I'm excited for my independent projects class next semester. I finally made the decision to require the students to use a Holga.

Many of the students are thrilled with the notion of doing their projects with a camera that emphasizes "seeing" over technical controls. I had one student who wanted to rebel... didn't want to embrace the "plastic fantastic" and I tried to point out the positive aspects of using a Holga. She initially wasn't buying in but after thinking it over for a day decided it just might suit her imagery. The class will serve as a nice backdrop for Photo II. The Photo II class filled almost immediately and at least seven of my students (who plan on becoming Photo majors) couldn't register. So, either the class is going to be overloaded or we're going to have to add another section.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home