f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Friday, April 14, 2006

Greetings Citizens. Today I was making a photo for one of the secretaries in the art department. I was getting ready to leave and the dean asked if he could see me for a moment. He promptly told me I wasn't going to be selected for an interview. He also said the charges leveled against me had nothing to do with the decision. I don't quite believe that but there it is. No full-time teaching job for your humble protagonist. I also found out that the other adjunct wasn't going to get an interview either. That means the college is hiring outside. That means the other adjunct will still keep her two classes. That means I'm out. Completely.

I am pretty much going to hang up my hat and give up on teaching. I know I'm good; my students know I'm good. But administrators think of me as trouble... & maybe I am.

One good thing could come from all of this but I am not at liberty to divulge any information on that topic just yet.

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger shasta said...

that sucks mark. i'm looking forward to finding out what the "one good thing" is...

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger pinholeman said...

the "one good thing" is still a secret. and the job thing does suck. i just don't know what they want! someone who isn't trouble and is "safe", i suppose. their loss. bastards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home