f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Thursday, March 20, 2008


Good Morning.

Yesterday, I met with C. & RT to select "winners" for scholarships from RT's scholarship fund. It was very rewarding to see the work of all who applied and divide the money amongst the Photographers. We gave $1200 to two individuals and $900 to four of the students. The students who applied but didn't receive an award were turned down for low G.P.A.'s more than for the quality of their work. Seven of the nine recipients were from my students and of those three were students I recruited to the Photography program, which was rewarding for me.

A couple of days ago I visited the photography programs at Logan High & Mountain Crest High School to show my work, talk about Photography, and invite students to consider USU as an option for their post-secondary education. I was particularly impressed with the kids at LHS. They were engaged, asked pertinent questions and were able to respond to my work in a positive manner. They are taught by RR, who was a student at USU when I first started my Graduate Studies.

Last night I refereed kiddie ball in Smithfield. They have this ridiculous system about how we're to sign up for games. After I had worked my games, I went to sign up for next week. As I was getting ready to scribble down my ( and a fellow official's) name, this punk kid took the schedule away saying he'd be right back. What he did was take the sheet to some of his buddies working other games & let them fill up the slots they wanted. I was pissed---I still am! I told the kid that was bullshit and he wanted to kick me out of the rec center for swearing. I said I wasn't leaving and he threatened to call the cops and I told to go ahead and call them. After a half an hour (and telling my friend the story) I went home... without being tazed, bro.


----------------
Now playing: KCRW World News
via FoxyTunes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home