f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Whew! What an adventure!

So me & Fang make the flight into Portland with no troubles. Met Mark N. at the airport and we went to Milo's for breakfast. Then he dropped me at Jen & Aaron's house where Jen was awaiting. We went to Paradise Thai for dinner that evening.

The next day I picked up the truck... I like it but there are things wrong with it that wasn't in the description on ebay. After barely making it home I called the seller to see if he'll give me some money back... if he doesn't, well that's his bad karma.

Driving a 1969 rig with 1300cc's of power is exciting! It also adds a bit of time to the trip! It was slow (and slushy) going up Cabbage Patch Pass but the rig performed nicely. The truck, however, doesn't have the correct oil filler cap on it and the engine sprayed oil all over the engine compartment. But, hey, I made it.

I also drove it up to Renton and got five enlargers that I'm selling to the college. I got them from the Sitka Fine Arts Camp. The equipment was too good for junior high kids. They're perfect for the advanced darkroom at USU.


----------------
Now playing: Violent Femmes - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
via FoxyTunes

2 Comments:

At 6:24 AM, Blogger Slade said...

Cabbage Patch Pass? We always just called it Cabbage Hill.

I have had a few adventures on the trip from Portland to Utah. What a drive.

I want to see this POS you bought.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

apparently it looks like a cabbage patch doll from the air.

that drive ALWAYS seems to be an adventurer... no matter which way you go!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home