f256

a new photograph every posting... and an inside line to my dreary life

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Greetings!

I guess I've been neglectful when it comes to keeping up with the ol' blog. I find myself distracted these days.

First off, I have a job... yep, a job! Just as my unemployment benefits were going to expire, USU contacted me. Now I am in charge of the landscaping on the athletics fields. That includes the football practice field, the soccer pitch, the grass at the track, the softball diamond & the football stadium (which is artificial turf). I'm a member of the Sports Turf Association too. I'm very grateful for the job. I'd rather be teaching Photography but so it goes. I'm back to where I started in the sense that I'll spend my spare time working on my own work.

I'm hoping to spend the summer making cyanotypes, lumens, and maybe some Mordancage prints. I've got about 40 contact printing frames, so I can make a lot of prints. God knows I've got plenty of negatives!

I've been invited to submit work for a show at the Caffe Ibis this summer. So that should be fun. I'm entering work in shows and enjoying myself. I'm comfortable with my work and know I left teaching Photography contributing something back to the craft.

Me and Charlotte have been spending a lot of time together. It's been great! We're purchased some new appliances for her house. During the mandated USU furlough, me and the boys are going to be ripping her old kitchen out to make way for the new goodies.

As for my house, I'll be doing some pruning (with the help of my new work mates) and tearing out some juniper bushes to make way for a vegetable garden.

2 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Jillyn said...

Hey Mark! Glad to hear you are doing well! Now tell the truth do you get to ride around in those carts that I would always see on campus?

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger pinholeman said...

i think i have a cart... but right now i'm driving a truck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home